Serve these delicious Italian Style Lima Beans with any meat or fish dish. You may refrigerate them for several days and eat later if you wish.
Italian Style Lima Beans
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 30 ratings
- 3 Cups Cooked Lima Beans
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Chopped)
- 5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2/3 Cup Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Cup Hot Water
- 1 Celery Stalk (Chopped)
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Before starting this recipe, cook beans in unsalted water for at least an hour. It would be best to do this well in advance or even the day before.
- Drain beans well. In medium-size saucepan, sauté garlic in olive oil over a medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, red pepper flakes, kosher salt, and pepper. Turn heat down to medium-low and cook 5 minutes. Stir often.
- Add hot water. Turn heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Add lima beans and celery. Stir well and let boil gently for 2 minutes.
- Cover and gently boil for 30 minutes until beans are tender. Make sure not to overcook.
- Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes Total Time: 60 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved