Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
I love pasta dishes, but I don’t always love the calories. This pasta recipe preserves the decadent spirit of a classic dish while cutting back on butter and cream to make a wholesome family meal in a small amount of time.
- 9 Ounces Fresh Linguine Or Fettuccine
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 1 Cup Cut Asparagus
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1/3 Cup Light Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Prepare pasta until al dente.
- Zest lemon and set aside.
- In large-size heavy skillet heat butter on a medium-high. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and whisk in cream cheese and chicken broth. Simmer 5 minutes. Season with lemon zest, nutmeg, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese to combine. Add cooked pasta to skillet with sauce and toss with spinach and asparagus to combine.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved