Yields or Serves:
Whether you’re having a weekend barbecue or just need a great year round side dish this baked bean recipe will become your go to dish. Trust me, every time I make my Pinto Beans With Bacon there are NEVER any leftovers. Perfect for potlucks too!
- 1 Pound Dried Pinto Beans (Picked Through)
- 1/2 Pound Bacon (Chopped)
- 1 Large Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Malt Vinegar
- 6 Cups Water
- Place pinto beans in large-size bowl filled with water and let soak overnight.
- When ready to cook drain and rinse soaked beans. Place beans in large-size pot or Dutch oven with 6 cups water and bring to boil over a high-heat for 15 minutes.
- Add bacon, onions, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, and chicken broth. Turn heat down to medium-high heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn heat down to medium and cook for 40 minutes.
- Add kosher salt and pepper. Cover with lid and turn heat down to medium-low. Stir occasionally and cook for 90 minutes.
- Add malt vinegar and remove lid. Stir occasionally and cook for another 30 minutes. Beans should be creamy and liquid should be thick. If you need more time to achieve this consistency then continue to simmer for a while longer.
- Serves 8
- © Victoria Hart Glavin