We all love a good pickled red onion, but you can quick pickle almost anything. Crisp vegetables such as radishes, green beans, and peppers are first-rate candidates. Take a trip to the farmers’ market and see what you find. If you can eat it raw then, most likely, it makes a great quick pickle.
Quick Pickled Red Onions
- Prep Time
- (4.9 /5)
- 9 ratings
- 5 Large Red Onions (Sliced Thin)
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Juice Of 1/2 Lemon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- In medium-size bowl combine onions, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Combine until sugar dissolves. Set on counter 30 minutes. Stir occasionally. Onions will release additional liquid as they marinate.
- Use immediately or transfer to jars and store in refrigerator.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 35 Minutes Cook Time: 0 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved