Yields or Serves: 4
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
This fish recipe features a large fillet of salmon that is roasted on a bed of colorful citrus and fresh fennel. The citrus becomes caramelized, giving a nice contrast to the rich salmon, while the fennel gives subtle notes of anise.
- 1 Tablespoon Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 3/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Fennel Bulbs (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Navel Orange (Thinly Sliced/Remove Seeds)
- 1 Blood Orange (Thinly Sliced/Remove Seeds)
- 1 Grapefruit (Thinly Sliced/Remove Seeds)
- 1 Lemon (Thinly Sliced/Remove Seeds)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Skinless Center-Cut Salmon Filet (2 1/2 To 3 Pounds)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In small-size saucepan, over a medium heat, toast fennel seeds and red pepper flakes about 3 minutes until fragrant. Stir constantly. Add olive oil and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Strain oil and discard fennel seeds and red pepper flakes.
- Arrange fennel, orange, grapefruit, and lemon slices in large-size baking dish. Spread them evenly. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Place salmon on top. Pour infused olive oil over salmon.
- Place in oven and cook 30 minutes until salmon is tender and flakes when pulled with a fork. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Transfer fennel, citrus and salmon to serving platter.
- Season with additional kosher salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 35 Minutes Total Time: 55 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved