Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Use only oysters with tightly closed shells; throw away any that are open. Due to potential health risks, pregnant women, babies, young children, the elderly, or anyone whose health has been compromised should not eat raw seafood.
- 24 Rappahannock Oysters (Or Other Variety)
- Course Crystal Salt
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (Seeded & Diced) - Optional
- Cover each of 4 plates with enough salt to form a steadying, sand like base for oysters. Scrub oyster shells. Make sure to be careful to leave all the juices in a half shell.
- Shuck oysters. Cut meat away from shell, but do not remove. Place 6 oysters on the half shell on top of coarse salt on each plate. Sprinkle diced yellow pepper over each (Optional).
- Serve immediately.
- Serve 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen