Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: Makes About 48 Cookies
I grew up making Russian Tea Cakes during the holidays. Also called snowball cookies, Italian wedding cookies and a host of other names, these simple yet elegant cookies are great for holiday baking, since they are easy to make and kids will enjoy helping roll the dough into balls.
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter (Room Temperature)
- 1 1/4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 3/4 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Ground Blanched Almonds
- In large-size bowl beat butter until fluffy. Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add vanilla and kosher salt.
- In small-size bowl combine flour and cinnamon. Add flour mixture to butter mixture until just blended. Stir in ground almonds. Cover and place in refrigerator for about 20 minutes until dough is chilled, but not hard and is not sticky.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place remaining 3/4 cup powdered sugar in shallow bowl. Set aside.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place about 1 inch apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Place in oven 10 to 12 minutes until cookies are just golden on the bottom. Remove from oven and transfer baking sheets to wire racks and let cool 5 minutes. Remove cookies one at a time and roll them in the powdered sugar. Let cookies cool completely on wire racks.
- Makes About 48 Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 12 Minutes Total Time: 42 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved