The slow cooker does all the work for this delicious meal, keeping lamb moist and juicy while cooking the accompanying vegetables at the same time. If you’re making this dish for Passover, replace the mustard with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Slow Cooker Lamb
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 1/2 Pounds Baby Red Potatoes
- 1 Pound Baby Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Lemons (Zest & Juice)
- 4 Pounds Boneless Leg Of Lamb
- Small Bunch Fresh Oregano
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Add potatoes, carrots, and chicken broth to large slow cooker.
- In small-size bowl zest lemons. Squeeze juice of 1 lemon over potatoes and carrots. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Cover and cook 1 hour on low.
- Trim excess fat from lamb.
- Chop half of the oregano. Add chopped oregano, mustard, garlic, and thyme to bowl with lemon zest. Rub mixture all over lamb.
- With butcher’s twine tie lamb every couple inches to hold together. Add lamb to show cooker and cook on low 3 to 4 hours until meat and vegetables are tender. Cut remaining lemon into thin wedges.
- Remove from slow cooker and transfer lamb to cutting board. Using a slotted spoon transfer potatoes and carrots to serving platter. Pour cooking liquid into gravy separator or skim with ladle and throw away fat. Chop remaining oregano. Cut and remove twine from lamb. Thinly slice lamb and arrange over vegetables. Garnish with oregano. Serve with cooking liquid and lemon wedges.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 300 Minutes Total Time: 320 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved