Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
[Total: Average: /5]
These pork chops are nice and creamy. The onions keep it moist and I’m sure these pork chops will become a favorite in your house.
- 4 Large Bone-In Pork Chops (Each 1 Inch Thick)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Large Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 1/4 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth (Warmed)
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- Season both side of pork chops with kosher salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
- In large-size skillet, heat olive oil and butter over a medium-high heat. Add pork chops. Cook for 3 minutes per side until seared and browned. Remove from heat and transfer to plate. Tent chops with aluminum foil.
- Add onion slices to skillet over a medium-high heat. Stir to loosen browned bits. Cook, stirring often, for 15 minutes until onions are tender. Reduce heat to medium-low and add a bit of chicken broth if onions begin to burn.
- Sprinkle flour over onions. Stir to coat. Cook 2 minutes. Slowly add chicken broth. Stir until incorporated. Cook, stirring slowly and constantly, until gravy begins to thicken. Slowly stir in buttermilk. Don’t worry if mixture looks a bit curdled at first, as it will incorporate as you stir. Reduce heat to low. Simmer until gravy is thick.
- Return pork chops to skillet. Gently move chops into gravy. Simmer 10 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving platter.
- Serve warm.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved