Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Butter, Cherry Tomatoes, Chiles, Fresh Mint, Garlic, Greenwich Free Press, Habañero Chile, Habañero Chile & Mint, Habanero Chiles, Kosher Salt, Mint, Olive Oil, Pasta, Pepper, Salt, Spaghetti, Spaghetti With Cherry Tomatoes, The Lazy Way To Cook, Tomatoes, Unsalted Butter, Vegetarian, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
With the high-contrast combination of a hot habañero chile and cool mint, spaghetti is anything but ordinary. This recipe makes a nice lunch for four. Double it for dinner.
- 1/4 Cup Packed Fresh Mint (Finely Sliced)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 6 Ounces Spaghetti
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 5 Garlic Cloves (Smashed & Peeled)
- 4 Large Cherry Tomatoes (Thinly Sliced Crosswise)
- 4 Thin Slices Habañero Chile (Seeds Removed)
- Place mint in small-size bowl and cover with olive oil.
- Cook spaghetti in large-size pot of generously salted boiling water according to package directions until al dente. Drain.
- Heat large-size sauté pan over a medium-high heat. Add unsalted butter and heat until foamy. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add habanero slices and tomatoes in single layer. Cook 1 minute.
- Turn tomatoes over in pan and add cooked spaghetti. Remove from heat. Give a good toss. Add mint, olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Toss again to coat. Remove garlic.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved