Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Butter, Cherry Tomatoes, Chiles, Fresh Mint, Garlic, Greenwich Free Press, Habañero Chile, Habañero Chile & Mint, Habanero Chiles, Kosher Salt, Mint, Olive Oil, Pasta, Pepper, Salt, Spaghetti, Spaghetti With Cherry Tomatoes, The Lazy Way To Cook, Tiny New York Kitchen, Tomatoes, Unsalted Butter, Vegetarian, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
With the high-contrast combination of a hot habañero chile and cool mint, spaghetti is anything but ordinary. This recipe makes a nice lunch for four. Double it for dinner.
- 1/4 Cup Packed Fresh Mint (Finely Sliced)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 6 Ounces Spaghetti
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 5 Garlic Cloves (Smashed & Peeled)
- 4 Large Cherry Tomatoes (Thinly Sliced Crosswise)
- 4 Thin Slices Habañero Chile (Seeds Removed)
- Place mint in small-size bowl and cover with olive oil.
- Cook spaghetti in large-size pot of generously salted boiling water according to package directions until al dente. Drain.
- Heat large-size sauté pan over a medium-high heat. Add unsalted butter and heat until foamy. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add habanero slices and tomatoes in single layer. Cook 1 minute.
- Turn tomatoes over in pan and add cooked spaghetti. Remove from heat. Give a good toss. Add mint, olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Toss again to coat. Remove garlic.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved