Yields or Serves: Makes About 20 Cookies
Tags: Allspice, Baked Goods, Baking, Baking Soda, Blackstrap Molasses, Brown Sugar, Butter, Christmas, Christmas Cookies, Cinnamon, Cloves, Cookies, Dark Brown Sugar, Eggs, Flour, Ginger, Holiday Baking, Holidays, Kosher Salt, Molasses, Molasses Cookies, Nutmeg, Salt, Spiced Molasses Cookies, Sugar, Unsalted Butter, Unsulphured Molasses
I’m loving these moist and chewy cookies that are full-flavored with delicious spices. Oh, and your kitchen will smell so good while baking these cookies.
- 2 1/4 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 12 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Room Temperature)
- 1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg (Room Temperature)
- 1/2 Cup Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses
- 3 Tablespoons White Sugar
- In medium-size bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, and kosher salt.
- In large-size bowl beat together butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses. Gradually beat in flour mixture until combined. Cover bowl and place in refrigerator at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place sugar in shallow bowl.
- Shape dough into about 1 1/4-inch balls. Roll balls evenly in sugar. Arrange on prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Place in oven 10 to 12 minutes until just set and lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheets 10 minutes. Gently remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Makes About 20 Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 12 Minutes Total Time: 32 Minutes Chill Time: 1 To 8 Hours
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved