Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
This soup is so easy to make and comes together in just 20 minutes. Make it in the morning and it will be nicely chilled by dinnertime.
- 2 Medium Onions (Chopped)
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Head Lettuce (Cut Into Strips)
- 2 Cups Frozen Peas
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 Chopped Chives
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- In large-size pan heat butter over a medium-high heat. Add onions and cook 3 minutes. Add peas, lettuce, water, and broth in pot. Bring to boil. Turn heat down to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in chives. Purée in blender or food processor. I like to use an immersion blender. Add kosher salt and pepper.
- Let mixture cool 30 minutes. Transfer to covered container and place in refrigerator at least 3 hours
- When ready to serve transfer to individual bowls. Serve with crusty bread.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 20 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved