Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Sweet spring peas hardly need embellishment, but if you toss them with sugar snaps, mint, and shredded Bibb lettuce, you get something that transcends mere vegetables.
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Large Leek (White Portions Only) Coarsely Chopped
- 2 Cups Shelled English Peas
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Stock Or Chicken Stock
- 14 Ounces Sugar Snap Peas (Trimmed)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Mint (Minced)
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Bibb Lettuce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- In large-size saucepan melt butter over a medium heat. Add chopped leeks and sauté 3 minutes until transparent and tender. Stir in shelled peas and vegetable (or chicken) stock. Cover with lid and turn heat to medium-low. Cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in sugar snap peas and mint. Replace lid and cook 4 minutes until peas are bright green and crisp-tender. Add shredded Bibb lettuce. Stir to evenly cloak in juices and cook 1 more minute. Add kosher salt and pepper. Give a good stir.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving bowl.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 6
- NOTE: Make sure to wash your leek well as they tend to be very sandy.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen