Yields or Serves:
[Total: Average: /5]
Corn soup is a great addition to any summer meal. This soup can be served either hot or cold. Just in time for the August corn harvest because it’s important to savor these late summer moments.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Chopped Shallots
- 3 Sliced Garlic Cloves
- 1 Leek (White & Pale Green Parts) Halved Lengthwise & Thinly Sliced
- 8 Cups Fresh Corn Kernels (Approx 16 Ears)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- 6 Cups Water
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Corn Kernels (Approx 1 Ear)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Diced Chilli Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Italian Parsley
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a large-size soup pot heat olive over a medium-low heat. Add shallots, garlic, and leeks. Cook for 6 minutes until leek has softened. Stir often. Add corn kernels, kosher salt, and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to food processor or blender. Add honey. Process until smooth and creamy by adding water to achieve a thin consistency. Pour into large-size bowl. Stir in lime juice. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator. Chill for 2 hours.
- Before serving heat if you want to serve hot. You may serve cold if you like.
- Just before serving prepare garnish. In small-size skillet, heat olive oil over a medium heat. Add corn, kosher salt, and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- In small-size bowl, combine diced chilli peppers, extra virgin olive oil, and chopped parsley.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with corn mixture and chilli pepper mixture.
- Serves 4
- Note: You may substitute diced tomatoes for chilli peppers if you want.
- © Victoria Hart Glavin