Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Asian Cooking, Beef, Bell Peppers, Butter Lettuce, Chili Peppers, Cilantro, Cooking Light, Cucumbers, Fish Sauce, Garlic, Ginger, Green Onions, Kosher Salt, Lettuce, Lime Juice, Limes, Mint, Mushrooms, Peas, Red Onions, Salads, Salt, Serrano Peppers, Sesame Oil, Sugar, Sugar Snap Peas, Thai Beef Salad With Spicy Sesame Dressing, Victoria Hart Glavin, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
Deli roast beef makes this salad super fast and easy. Ask for it to be sliced a little thicker, which allows it to hold up well in the salad. Leftover steak, chicken, salmon, or shrimp work equally well. The dressing can be made ahead of time and doubled or tripled to make future salad prep even faster. Fish sauce is a salty Asian condiment available in larger grocery stores, gourmet stores, and international markets.
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1/4 Cup Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Chopped)
- 1 Small Piece Fresh Ginger (About 1 Inch Peeled & Minced)
- 1 Serrano Chili Pepper (Seeded & Minced)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 English Cucumber
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Large Head Butter Lettuce
- 1/2 Cup Sugar Snap Peas (Thinly Sliced On Diagonal)
- 4 Green Onions (Thinly Sliced)
- 1/2 Medium Red Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Large Sliced Bell Pepper (Red, Orange, Yellow Or Green)
- 1/4 Cup Coarsely Chopped Fresh Cilantro Or Mint
- 1 Pound Sliced Beef
- Squeeze lime juice into jar with tight-fitting lid. Add sesame oil, fish sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger, salt, and Serrano Chili pepper. Screw lid on jar and shake vigorously to mix.
- Halve cucumber lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Cut cucumber halves crosswise into 1/4 inch slices. Tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces and combine in large-size bowl with cucumber slices. Add sugar snap peas, mushrooms, green onions, red onion slices, bell pepper slices, cilantro and/or mint, and beef. Drizzle with enough dressing to lightly coat leaves. Toss to mix.
- Divide salad among four plates. Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cook Time: 0 Minutes Total Time: 25 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved