Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Vanilla Crescent Cookies are light, crisp, and fragrant. They can be stored in an airtight container between sheets of parchment paper for up to 1 week. Dust the cookies very lightly with powdered sugar before serving.
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar (Plus More For Dusting)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 Cups Unbleached Flour (Plus More For Dusting)
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large-size bowl beat butter with 1/2 cup powdered sugar for 5 minutes. Beat in vanilla. Add 2 1/4 cups unbleached flour and kosher salt. Beat until combined.
- On lightly floured surface roll out dough into 3-inch ropes. Taper ends slightly and form ropes into crescents. Carefully transfer crescents to prepared baking sheets 1/2 inch apart.
- Place in oven for 22 to 24 minutes until bottoms are golden and tops are pale blond. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheets 10 minutes before removing.
- Fill small-size bowl with powdered sugar. While cookies are still warm coat them in powdered sugar and transfer to clean sheet of parchment paper to cool slightly. Roll cooled cookies in powdered sugar again and let cool completely.
- Makes 36 Cookies
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved