Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
These cookies are packed with just the right amount of chocolaty richness and minty freshness to cure whatever ails you. Chocolate Mint Crinkles are the perfect treat to satisfy a chocolate loving crowd and as a bonus they’re easy to make too!
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Baking Cocoa
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- In medium-size bowl combine unbleached flour, cocoa, baking powder, and kosher salt.
- In large-size bowl beat sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs until well combined. Beat in vanilla and peppermint extracts.
- Slowly add flour mixture into wet mixture until just combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place powdered sugar in small-size bowl. Remove cookie dough from refrigerator and shape dough into tablespoon-size balls. Roll in powdered sugar and place on cookie sheets 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Place in oven for 10 to 12 minutes until cookies crackle and dough doesn’t look raw. Remove from oven and cool on cookies sheet 2 minutes. Remove and transfer to wire racks and cool completely .
- Makes about 48 cookies.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved