Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
Serve your holiday guests this rich and creamy eggnog made from scratch. For grownups, feel free to add brandy, bourbon or rum. Hey, it’s holiday time so live it up!
- 3 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Light Cream
- 4 Whole Cloves
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 Large Vanilla Bean (Split In Half Lengthwise & Scrape Seeds Out)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- In a medium-size saucepan add milk, cream, whole cloves, cinnamon sticks, vanilla bean, and nutmeg. Bring just to boil and then turn heat to low.
- In a medium-size bowl beat egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Scoop out 1 cup of hot milk mixture and gradually add egg yolk mixture. Whisk until well blended.
- Very gradually whisk mixture back into saucepan with remaining milk mixture. Turn heat to medium-low and cook 5 minutes until mixture thickens and coats back of a spoon.
- Strain into large-size bowl and cool slightly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator overnight.
- Serve chilled.
- Serves 6
- "Work With What You Got!”
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen