Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 4 Average: 4.5/5]
Easy, delicious, and meat-free this pasta dish is a weeknight winner. You may use either fresh or dried orecchiette (little ears) for this delightful pasta dish.
- 14 Ounces Orecchiette (Fresh or Dried)
- 20 Walnut Kernels (Chopped)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Basil Sprigs (Chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Finely Chopped)
- 3 Cups Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Cook the orecchiette to al dente in plenty of slightly salted boiling water.
- Five minutes before pasta is ready, heat oil in a large-size sauté pan.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add chopped walnuts and brown for 3 minutes. Add chopped basil, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper. Mix well.
- When pasta is al dente drain and add to sauté pan with garlic, basil & walnut mixture.
- Transfer from pan to large-size bowl. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve warm.
- Serves 4
- © Victoria Hart Glavin