Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
This Berry Crumble is made with fresh or frozen berries and topped with a dairy free brown sugar crumble. An excellent dessert that everyone can enjoy.
- 2/3 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 2/3 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter (I Use Miyoko’s Vegan Butter)
- 5 Cups Frozen Berries Of Your Choice (Do Not Thaw)
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Unbleached Flour
- Arrange oven rack to center position.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9 1/2-inch-deep dish pie plate or similar sized baking dish. Set aside.
- Melt vegan butter. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl combine oats, flour, sugars, kosher salt, and cinnamon. Add melted vegan butter and stir until well combined. Transfer to freezer for a few minutes while you assemble the berry filling.
- In large-size bowl combine all filling ingredients. Stir gently until well combined. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Remove topping from freezer. Sprinkle topping over berry mixture.
- Place in oven, on middle rack, 40 to 50 minutes until fruit is bubbling and juicy and topping is light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Note: If using fresh berries then use the same amount. I recommend adding 2 tablespoons of orange juice, apple juice, or water to the fruit filling mixture. The extra liquid helps to create a sauce while the berries are cooking. The frozen berries have enough extra liquid on their own.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 50 Minutes Total Time: 70 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved