Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
Crispy, crunchy baked apple chips made at home are so delicious. Easy to make and oh so addicting! I used red apples, but any variety of apple works with this recipe.
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Plus 4 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice (Divided)
- 3 Medium To Large Red Apples
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large-size pan combine sugar, water, honey, and 1/4 cup lemon juice. Turn heat to medium-high. Bring to boil, and cook until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Fill large-size bowl with cool water. Add 4 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Cut apples into very thin round slices and place into lemon water.
- Remove apple slices from lemon water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place apple slices into cooled syrup and let sit in syrup for 15 minutes. Remove slices and let excess syrup drip off. Places slices on baking sheets.
- Place in oven and bake for 70 minutes until apples are dried. Turn off oven, but leave apples sit in oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and remove apple slices from baking sheets. Store in airtight container for 1 week – if they make it that long.
- Serves 3
- © Victoria Hart Glavin