Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
You can never have enough options when it comes to root vegetables!
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 Pounds Parsnips (Peeled & Quartered Lengthwise)
- 1 Pound Carrots (Peeled & Quartered Lengthwise)
- 6 Garlic Cloves (Smashed With Side Of Knife)
- 8 Shallots (Peeled & Cut In Half)
- 1 Bunch Fresh Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in large-size oven-save pan over a medium heat. Lay parsnips and carrots cut side down in pan. Add garlic cloves and shallots. Evenly distribute thyme sprigs over vegetables.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and turn vegetables over and add 1/4 cup water, which will help create steam in the oven. Place back in oven for 15 minutes until fork-tender.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving platter. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Serve warm.
- Serves 6 to 8
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved