My house has always been a gathering place, especially around the holidays. I like to make this delicious Gingerbread Breakfast Cake to have on hand for light holiday breakfasts. I mean, really, who wants to cook a big breakfast when your day is all about cooking up a scrumptious holiday dinner?!
Gingerbread Breakfast Cake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 Cake
- (4.9 /5)
- 29 ratings
- 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Fresh Ginger
- 3/4 Cup Molasses
- 3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 8 x 4 inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large-size bowl beat canola oil, eggs, ginger, molasses, and brown sugar.
- In a medium-size bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and kosher sat.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and combine well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan. Place in oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack to cool completely before removing from pan.
- Makes 1 Loaf
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 50 Minutes Total Time: 70 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved