Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Make this gluten-free version of a traditional cream scone with classic English condiments such as clotted cream and jam
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 5 Tablespoons Cold Butter (Cut Into Pieces)
- 1 1/3 Cups Plus 1 Tablespoon Cold Heavy Whipping Cream (Divided)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl combine gluten-free flour, sugar, baking powder, and kosher salt. Mix well. Using a pastry blender (or two forks) cut butter into flour mixture until resembles coarse crumbs. Add 1 1/3 cups cold cream. Stir until mixture is evenly moist. If your dough seems too dry then add more cream. Working gently bring mixture together with your hands until a dough forms.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured (gluten-free) surface. Knead gently 4 times. Using rolling pin, roll dough to 1 inch thickness. Using 2 inch round cutter, cut 12 scones from dough. Rerolling scraps as necessary.
- Place scones 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining 1-tablespoon cream.
- Place in oven and bake 10 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Transfer to serving plate and serve warm with clotted cream and jam.
- Makes 12 scones
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved