Yields or Serves: 6
It’s super-hot outside here and I when I don’t want to turn on the oven I grill. Marinating this rack of lamb in garlic, shallots, and herbs infuses the lamb with a fabulous bold flavor. For the best results make sure to marinate overnight.
- 2 Heads Of Garlic
- 8 Shallots
- 1 Bunch Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil (Divided)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Thyme
- 3 Racks Of Lamb (Frenched)
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt (Divided)
- 2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper (Divided)
- 3 Pounds Mixed Summer Vegetables (Squash, Onions, Cherry Tomatoes)
- 1 1/2 Cups Torn Mixed Fresh Herbs (Parsley, Basil, Mint)
- Peel garlic. You should have about 20 cloves. If you have more than 20 cloves even better. In food processor add garlic cloves, shallots, parsley, thyme, and 1/4 cup olive oil. Pulse until mixture forms a paste. Rub all over lamb. Cover lamb and place in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to very hot. If using charcoal grill, push hot coals to one side. Sprinkle lamb racks with1 tablespoon kosher salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Wrap lamb bones with foil. Place lamb, fat sides down on oiled grates over lit side of grill. Grill, covered, 5 minutes until lamb is browned. Turn lamb and move to oiled grates on unlit side of grill. Grill, covered, 15 to 20 minutes, turning lamb halfway through cooking times. Remove from grill and let stand 10 minutes.
- Cut squash and onions into 1/4-inch pieces. Leave tomatoes whole. Add vegetables to medium-size bowl and toss with remaining olive oil and remaining kosher salt and pepper. Place on oiled grates over lit side of grill. Grill, covered, 5 minutes until just tender and slightly charred. Remove from grill and toss together with torn herbs in large-size bowl.
- Cut lamb into chops. Serve with grilled vegetables.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 50 Minutes Cook Time:30 Minutes Total Time:80 Minutes **Marinate Overnight
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved