Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 4 Average: 4/5]
These devilish Halloween cupcakes can be decorated any way you and your little goblins choose.
- 1 Ounce Unsweetened Chocolate (Chopped)
- 1 Cup Hot Strong Brewed Coffee
- 1 3/4 Cups Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Large Egg (Room Temperature)
- 1/2 Cup Baking Cocoa
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 8 Tablespoons Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- Drop Of Natural Food Coloring (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. Set aside.
- In small-size bowl place chocolate and pour hot coffee over chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Let cool to lukewarm.
- In large-size bowl beat sugar, oil, egg, and coffee chocolate mixture until blended.
- In large-size bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and kosher salt. Add to coffee chocolate mixture alternating with buttermilk. Mix well after each addition.
- Fill prepared cups 2/3 full. Place in oven for 20 minutes until done. Remember each oven heats differently so check at 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in pans 10 minutes before removing. Remove to wire racks to let cool completely.
- Frosting: In large-size bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat butter, powdered sugar, cream and vanilla until smooth and blended. Beat in additional powdered sugar or cream as needed for easy spreading consistency. Add food coloring. Increase speed to medium-high and beat frosting until light and fluffy (for about 1 minute).
- Frost cupcakes and decorate as desired.
- Refrigerate until time to serve.
- Makes 2 Dozen
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved