Yields or Serves:
Tags: Bell Peppers, Cabbage, Chicken Broth, Dinner, Egg Noodles, Fall, Garlic, Hungarian Noodles With Cabbage & Sausage, Italian Sausages, Kosher Salt, Noodles, Oil, Olive Oil, Onions, Paprika, Parsley, Pepper, Peppers, Red Peppers, Salt, Sausages, Sour Cream, Victoria Hart Glavin, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
Today I put on my puffy coat and decided it was a good day to make a hearty fall dinner. Hungarian Noodles With Cabbage & Sausage is another dish that I grew up eating. It’s hard to go wrong with noodles, cabbage, and sausage unless you’re a vegetarian I suppose.
- 8 Ounces Egg Noodles
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Sweet Italian Sausages (Casings Removed)
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Small Green Cabbage (Sliced 1 Inch Thick)
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Add water and 1 tablespoon kosher salt to large-size pot of water. Bring to boil. Add egg noodles and cook as directed. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water. Drain noodles.
- In large-size Dutch oven or pot add olive oil. Heat over a medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook 3 minutes until crumbled and lightly browned. Break up any large pieces. Add onions and cook 3 minutes until softened. Stir occasionally. Add garlic, red peppers, paprika, kosher salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add chicken broth and cabbage. Bring to gentle simmer and cook 4 minutes until cabbage is tender.
- Add noodles and sour cream to sausage mixture. Cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add reserved cooking water. Stir in parsley.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving bowl.
- Serve warm with side salad and crusty bread.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved