Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
How about caramel apples, cheesecake, and apple pie all rolled into one delicious bar? Whether you’re having guests over or just want to have a tasty fall treat around give these Apple Caramel Bars a try.
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Cold Butter (Cubed)
- 16 Ounces Cream Cheese (Softened)
- 1/2 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons Sugar (Divided)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs (Lightly Beaten)
- 3 Medium Tart Apples (Peeled & Finely Chopped)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 3/4 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 1/3 Cup Butter (Cubed)
- 1/3 Cup Warmed Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In small-size bowl combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until nice and crumbly. Press into a greased 13x9 inch-baking pan. Place in oven for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- In large-size bowl beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla until nice and smooth. Add eggs. Beat on low speed just until combined. Remove crust from oven. Spread mixture over crust.
- In small-size bowl toss chopped apples with cinnamon, nutmeg, and remaining sugar. Spoon over cream cheese layer.
- In another small-size bowl combine 3/4 cup flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, and oats. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apple layer.
- Place in oven for 25 minutes until filling is set. Remove from oven and drizzle with caramel sauce. Cool in pan for 1 hour. Place in refrigerator for 3 hours. Remove from fridge and cut into bars.
- Note: Caramel sauce can usually be found in the ice cream section of your local market
- Makes 3 Dozen
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved