Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Deep purple or creamy white, eggplant has a hearty, meaty texture and a neutral taste that readily absorbs the flavors of whatever ingredients are cooking along with it. Eggplant marries particularly well with strong flavors, such as garlic, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Be sure to purchase plump, shiny, unblemished eggplants that feel heavy for their size; light ones may be spongy.
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Minced Fresh Italian Parsley
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 Small Eggplants (12 Ounces Each)
- 1/4 Cup Grated Mozzarella
- Preheat broiler.
- In small-size saucepan heat olive oil over a medium heat. Add garlic slices and cook until lightly browned. Stir occasionally. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in minced parsley, kosher salt and pepper.
- Slice each eggplant and lightly score each side in crisscross pattern. Place eggplant slices on rack of broiling pan. Brush lightly with olive oil mixture from saucepan. Broil eggplant 7 to 9 inches from heat source for 10 minutes. Turn eggplant slices and brush with remaining olive oil mixture. Broil another 10 minutes until fork tender.
- Transfer to serving platter and sprinkle with grated mozzarella.
- Serve at room temperature or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate to serve later.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved