Lemon Orzo Salad is a flavorful side dish to serve with seafood or grilled meats. Add grilled vegetables for a light vegetarian meal. Because it doesn’t require refrigeration this salad is great for potlucks and picnics.
Lemon Orzo Salad
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 8 ratings
- 1 1/2 Cups Orzo
- 1 Garlic Clove (Minced)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pitted Olives
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 4 Shishito Peppers (Chopped)
- 3 Shallots (Chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- Juice Of 1 Lemon
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- In large-size saucepan bring 3 quarts lightly salted water to a boil. Add orzo. Boil 8 to 10 minutes until firm and chewy. Stir occasionally to prevent it fro sticking together. Drain in colander and rinse in cold water. Transfer to large-size bowl and add olive oil immediately. Stir to coat. Add garlic, olives, sun dried tomatoes, shishito peppers, shallots, lemon zest, lemon juice, kosher salt, and pepper. Stir to combine well. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve cold or room temperature.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minute Total Time: 40 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved