Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Delicious Tabouleh Salad is an excellent way to use up summer tomatoes. Tabouleh is an Arab Middle Eastern vegetarian dish traditionally made with tomatoes, finely chopped parsley, mint, bulgur and onion, and seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt.
- 1 Cup Bulgur Wheat
- 2 1/2 Cups Cold Water
- 4 Ripe Tomatoes (Diced)
- 1 Cup Chopped Parsley
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Mint
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onions (Green & White Parts)
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Place bulgur wheat and cold water in large-size bowl and let stand 1 1/2 hours. Drain bulgur well. Press out any excess water after draining. This can be done by covering bulgur with waxed or parchment paper, turning bowl on its side and pressing out water with palm of your hand.
- Add tomatoes, parsley, mint, green onions, kosher salt, olive oil, and lemon juice. Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Remove from refrigerator and serve cold or room temperature.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 90 Minutes Cook Time: 0 Minutes Total Time: 90 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved