Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Almond Flour, Butter, Cornstarch, Desserts, Egg Yolks, Eggs, Flour, Greenwich Free Press, Kosher Salt, Lemon Zest, Lemons, Mini Strawberry Galettes, Pastry Flour, Pies, Powdered Sugar, Salt, Strawberries, Strawberry Galettes, Sugar, Summer Fun, Vanilla, Victoria Hart Glavin, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
I often make these free-form galettes with whatever fruit that I have sitting around. If you have other berries that you’d like to use then go right ahead.
- 1 1/4 Cups Unbleached Flour (Plus More For Rolling Dough)
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 10 Tablespoons Cold Unsalted Butter (Cubed
- 1/2 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon Powdered Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Large Egg Yolks (Divided)
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 4 Cups Fresh Strawberries (Sliced)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Line large-size baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In medium-size bowl combine flours and kosher salt. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl combine cold butter pieces and powdered sugar until creamy. Stir in egg, lemon zest and 1 egg yolk.
- Add half flour mixture and slowly mix until combined. Add remaining flour and mix until dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and shape into 2 disks. Wrap each disk in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide each disk into 4 equal pieces. On floured surface roll each piece into circle that is about 1/2 inch thick. Transfer to parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- In large-size bowl combine strawberries, cornstarch, sugar, and vanilla extract. Place strawberry mixture in centers of crusts, leaving 1 inch border at edges. Lightly fold edges over fruit.
- Whip remaining egg yolk until frothy. Brush crusts with yolk.
- Place in oven and bake 40 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Makes 8 Mini Strawberry Galettes
- Serves 8
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved