Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
[Total: Average: /5]
Italian bacon is the key to this delicious vegetable dish. Perfect for Thanksgiving or anytime.
- 2 Pounds Brussels Sprouts (Halved)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Slices Thick Pancetta (Cut Into Small Cubes)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Chopped)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Trim tops of sprouts and remove any loose outer leaves.
- In medium-size saucepan add water and bring to boil. Add sprouts and cook 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking process. Drain well.
- In large-size sauté pan add olive oil over a medium-low heat. Add pancetta. Sauté 8 minutes. Add garlic and increase heat to medium-high. Cook 3 minutes. Add sprouts so that they form a single layer. Add kosher salt and pepper. Cook 12 minutes, turning occasionally, until spouts are golden brown in spots.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve warm.
- Serves 6
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved