Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
[Total: Average: /5]
These stuffed tomatoes are a bit retro, but are totally delicious. They make a nice, gluten-free addition to a picnic or barbecue.
- 2 Eggs
- 8 Ripe Tomatoes
- 2 Lemons
- 1 Bunch Fresh Dill
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Cooked Baby Shrimp
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Bring pan filled with water to boil and add eggs. Boil 8 minutes. Remove from pan and run under cold water to cool. Peel and dice eggs. Place in large-size bowl. Zest lemons and add zest to eggs.
- Juice 1/2 lemon and set lemon juice aside.
- Cut top off tomatoes and a thin slice from bottom so they stay up and remain stable. Using a tablespoons or melon baller scoop out seedy core of tomato.
- Set aside 2 sprigs dill. Finely chop remaining dill and add to eggs along with sour cream and shrimp. Season with lemon juice, kosher salt and pepper. Spoon shrimp stuffing into tomatoes and garnish with remaining dill.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cook Time: 8 Minutes Total Time: 33 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved