Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Roasting these tomatoes intensifies their flavor and the bread crumbs become delightfully crunchy. You may use spaghetti or penne pasta for this dish.
- 3 Pints Cherry Tomatoes (Halved)
- 1/2 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Fine Dry Bread Crumbs
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt Plus More For Pasta Pot
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Pound Spaghetti Or Penne
- 10 Garlic Cloves (Peeled & Sliced)
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Italian Parsley
- 1 Cup Loosely Packed Fresh Basil Leaves (Shredded)
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Pecorino
- Arrange oven rack to center position. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line large-size baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Toss cherry tomato halves in large-size bowl with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle bread crumbs, kosher salt and red pepper flakes over tomatoes. Pour tomatoes onto prepared baking sheet. Spread out in single layer. Place in oven 25 minutes until tomatoes are shriveled and lightly caramelized, but not dried out.
- While tomatoes are roasting fill large-size pot with salted water. Heat to rolling boil. When tomatoes are nearly done, drop pasta into pot, stir, and return water to a boil.
- As soon as pasta is cooking, pour remaining olive oil into large-size skillet. Set it over a medium-high heat. Scatter in sliced garlic. Cook 2 minutes until sizzling and lightly colored. Ladle in 2 cups pasta cooking water. Bring to vigorous boil, stirring up garlic. Let half of the water evaporate. Lower heat, stir in chopped parsley and keep sauce barely simmering.
- As soon as tomatoes are done remove from oven.
- When pasta is al dente, lift from water, drain for a moment and drop into skillet with garlic, still over a low heat. Toss pasta quickly with garlic sauce in pan, and then slide roasted tomatoes on top of pasta. Scatter basil shreds all over. Toss everything together well, until pasta is evenly dressed and tomatoes are distributed throughout. Turn off heat, sprinkle on grated cheese. Toss once more.
- Transfer pasta in warmed serving bowl.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved