Yields or Serves: 6
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
I love a good marshmallow and these Peppermint Marshmallows are definitely festive. Add them into hot chocolate or turn them into the best s’mores ever.
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Unflavored Gelatin
- 1/2 Cup Cold Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 10 Drops Red Food Coloring
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Cornstarch
- Line bottom of 9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray.
- In large-size bowl add 1/2 cup cold water. Sprinkle gelatin over top.
- In medium-size saucepan add sugar, corn syrup, 1/2 cup water, and kosher salt. Heat to a boil on high and boil 1 to 2 minutes until sugar dissolves. Stir constantly. Continue to boil, without stirring, 4 minutes. Candy thermometer should read 240 degrees.
- Remove from heat and slowly pour syrup mixture over gelatin. Beat on low and increase to high. Beat 7 to 8 minutes until mixture is very shiny, white and has nearly tripled in volume. Beat in peppermint extract.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish. With wet hands pat mixture gently to fill pan into and even layer. Drop food coloring on top of mixture. Drag a knife through food coloring to create a swirl patter all over. Let stand, uncovered, at least 12 hours or overnight until set.
- Remove parchment paper from pan and cut marshmallows into squares.
- To package, roll each square in a combination of powdered sugar and cornstarch before placing in bag.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved