This asparagus recipe makes an excellent starter or side dish for a celebratory meal, but is simple enough for weeknights as well. Brush the prosciutto with a bit of Dijon mustard for extra tanginess, if you wish.
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 23 ratings
- 24 Asparagus Spears (Trimmed)
- 4 Slices Prosciutto
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bring water to a boil in a large skillet. Place trimmed asparagus in boiling water for 3 minutes. Quickly transfer asparagus to bowl of ice water until chilled to stop the cooking. Drain well.
- Divide asparagus into 4 piles. Wrap each pile with a slice of prosciutto around the center to form a bundle. Transfer to baking sheet. Season with freshly ground pepper and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place in oven and roast 5 minutes until cheese is golden brown.
- Transfer to serving plate and serve warm.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 7 Minutes Total Time: 27 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved