Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Roasted Parsnip & Pear Soup is an ideal seasonal fall starter or lunch. Sweat and savory ingredients combine deliciously as sugary pears meet earthy parsnips. Personally, I’m thrilled that soup season is here again!
- 7 Parsnips (Roughly Chopped)
- 1 Medium Onion (Cut Into Chunks)
- 3 Pears (Quartered)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and add parsnips, onions, and pears. Toss with olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Spread in single layer and place in oven 15 minutes. Turn over and roast for another 20 minutes until golden brown and tender.
- Remove from oven and transfer to medium-size saucepan. Add vegetable broth and water. Bring to boil. Turn heat down to simmer and cook, partially covered, 15 minutes. If mixture needs is too thick then add a bit of water.
- Blend using food processor or hand blender until smooth.
- Ladle into bowls and serve warm.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 50 Minutes Total Time: 70 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved