Whether you’re hosting a holiday dinner or bringing a dish to a holiday potluck, you’ll need an easy and delicious “go to” dish to make. Broccoli & Cauliflower Casserole will quickly become a favorite that you may want to incorporate into your menu planning throughout the year.
Broccoli & Cauliflower Casserole
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 8 ratings
- 1/2 Cup Plain Dry Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese (Divided)
- 3 Tablespoons Butter (Melted)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Italian Herbs (Divided)
- 16 Ounces Broccoli (Trimmed)
- 16 Ounces Cauliflower (Trimmed)
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Large Onion (Chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 1/4 Cups Whole Milk
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese (Cubed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, melted butter, and 1/2 teaspoon Italian herbs. Set aside.
- Cut up any large broccoli and cauliflower pieces into smaller pieces.
- In a large-size skillet melt 3 tablespoons butter over a medium heat. Add onions. Cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in flour, 1 teaspoon Italian herbs, garlic salt, and pepper. Add milk. Cook and stir for 5 minutes until thick and bubbly. Add cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Cook and stir for 2 minutes until cream cheese is melted. Add broccoli and cauliflower. Toss gently to coat.
- Spoon into 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle top evenly with crumb mixture.
- Place in oven and cook 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
- Serves 10
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen