Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Italians reportedly first grew Romanesco broccoli in the 16th century. I had my first taste of this unique vegetable when I was in Rome a few years ago. Romanesco broccoli is delicious and has been described as a cross between broccoli and cauliflower.
- 1 Large Head Romanesco Broccoli (Cut Into Small Florets)
- 1 Large Leek (White Parts Only Sliced Into Thin Rounds)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/2 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In small-size bowl combine cumin, coriander, paprika, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Scatter florets and leeks in single layer on prepared pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle spice mixture over vegetables.
- Place in oven 25 minutes until slightly charred and cooked through, but still firm.
- Remove from oven. Toss lightly and transfer to serving bowl.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 45 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved