Winter is the peak season for hearty root vegetables. Roasting turnips until golden and tender enhances their flavor.
Roasted Turnips With Herbs & Feta
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 2 Pounds Small Turnips (Cut Into quarters)
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil (Divided)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Thyme
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Chives
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Lemon (Zested & Juiced)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line large-size sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place quartered turnips on prepared baking sheet. Toss turnips with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Place in oven 20 minutes until tender. Turn halfway through roasting.
- In medium-size bowl add chopped herbs and garlic with remaining olive oil. Add lemon zest and juice. Mix well.
- Remove turnips from oven and spoon herb mixture on top. Toss to coat. Transfer to large-size serving platter. Top with crumbled feta.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time:20 Minutes Total Time:30 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved