Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Barbecue Sauce, Cabbage, Coleslaw, Greenwich Free Press, Hamburger Buns, Kosher Salt, Mayonnaise, Onions, Pepper, Pork, Pork Roast, Pork Shoulder, Pulled Pork, Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Rolls, Salt, Slow Cooker, Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Sugar, Victoria Hart Glavin, Vinegar, Water, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
This week someone dear to me, who has a very busy schedule, asked me for some good Slow Cooker recipes so I’m going to start off with one of my favorites. I don’t know anyone who can resist these delicious Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches, which are great for dinner or a weekend lunch.
- For The Pork:
- 1 Yellow Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 1/2 Pounds Pork Shoulder Roast
- 1 1/2 Cups Prepared Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Water
- For The Slaw:
- 2 1/2 Cups Shredded Cabbage
- 3 Tablespoons Yellow Onion (Minced)
- 1/3 Cup White Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 Hamburger Buns Or Fancy Sandwich Rolls
- In bottom of slow cooker or crock-pot place half of the onion slices. Add pork, water, 3/4 cup barbecue sauce, and remaining onion slices. Cover and cook on medium 8 to 10 hours. Stir occasionally to break up pork.
- In large-size bowl combine all of the slaw ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and transfer to large-size bowl. Pull apart any chunks. Combine with remaining barbecue sauce.
- To assemble just scoop a healthy size portion onto bottom of each bun. Top with slaw and place bun lid on top.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Note: Feel free to serve on warmed buns.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen