Sri Lankan Chicken Curry is a classic dish that’s full of flavor and made with chicken thighs. A delicious meal that also makes for great leftovers.
Sri Lankan Chicken Curry
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 2/3 Cup Chopped Onions
- 5 Large Garlic Cloves
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped Peeled Fresh Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Ginger
- 3/4 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Cilantro (Divided)
- 12 Chicken Thighs (Cut Into Large Chunks)
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cups Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Freshly Cooked Rice
- In food processor combine onions, garlic, ginger, curry powder, and crushed red pepper. Process to a paste. Rub paste all over chicken.
- Add vegetable oil to large-size heavy skillet over a medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 6 minutes until browned. Add coconut milk, chicken broth, and turmeric. Reduce heat, cover with lid, and simmer 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to plate. Boil liquid in skillet 4 minutes until reduced.
- Season chicken with 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Return chicken to skillet and heat through.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
- Serve warm and serve with rice.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 45 Minutes Total Time: 65 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved