Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 10
Maple syrup and crushed pineapple are the secret ingredients for this classic Thanksgiving casserole! Yum! To make this ahead, assemble the casserole up to 1 day in advance and refrigerate. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 8 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 8 Ounces Crushed Pineapple
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3 1/2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- With sharp knife, pierce holes all over sweet potatoes. Place potatoes on prepared baking sheet. Place in oven 40 to 50 minutes until knife easily pierces through potatoes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Drain pineapple through strainer. Press out any excess liquid.
- Turn oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and place in large-size bowl. Add brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, drained pineapple, and kosher salt. Mash until smooth.
- Transfer sweet potato mixture to 3-quart baking dish. Spread top to smooth. Top with mini marshmallows.
- Place in oven 8 to 10 minutes until marshmallows are golden brown and puffed.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
- Serves 10
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 60 Minutes Total Time: 80 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved