Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
I happen to like walnuts in my chocolate chip cookies although some people don’t. Feel free to swap out the nuts for extra chocolate chips if you happen to be one of those non-nut loving folks (or have nut allergies).
- 1 3/4 Unbleached Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/3 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar (Packed)
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 3/4 Cups Chocolate Chips
- Serves 8
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line large-size baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium-size bowl sift together flour, baking soda, and kosher salt. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl combine butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Beat on medium speed for 10 minutes until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs. Continue mixing for 1 minute.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture. Stir until just combined. Add walnuts and chocolate chips. Mix until just combined.
- Form cookie dough into golf ball sized balls and place 3 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes until cookies are golden brown Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before removing. Transfer to wire racks and let cool completely.