Yields or Serves: Makes Two 9" Cakes
I’m pretty obsessed with this cake because it’s so fluffy and moist. The amaretto liqueur goes well with the pumpkin. This recipe makes two 9” cakes. You can frost it with a traditional cream cheese frosting if you like or just dust it with powdered sugar.
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Amaretto Liqueur
- 15 Ounces Pumpkin Purée
- Powdered Sugar (For Dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two 9” cake pans. Set aside.
- In medium-size bowl combine flour, cinnamon, kosher salt, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and ginger.
- In large-size bowl beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla, amaretto, and pumpkin purée and beat until incorporated. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pans. Place in oven 20 to 30 minutes, until inserting toothpick in middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool 15 minutes before removing from pans. Remove cake from pans and let cool completely.
- Before serving, place powdered sugar in a sieve and dust cakes.
- Makes 2 Cakes
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved