Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
Spring is a great time to green up your meals. These finger sandwiches are excellent for a spring gathering. Feel free to halve recipe if serving less people.
- 2 Cups Cooked Chickpeas (Rinsed & Drained)
- 4 Avocados (Peeled, Halved & Pitted)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Green Onions (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 12 Slices Whole Wheat Bread (Crusts Removed)
- 1 1/2 Cups Baby Spinach
- In large-size bowl add avocados, olive oil, ground cumin, garlic, and lemon juice. Mash with fork or potato masher. Add chickpeas and continue to mash. Fold green onions into mixture. Add kosher salt and pepper.
- Divide 1 1/2 cups baby spinach among half of bread slices. Top with avocado mixture and remaining bread slices.
- Cut each sandwich to form 4 triangles. Arrange on serving plate.
- Serve immediately
- Serves 12
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 0 Minutes Total Time: 20 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved