Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
[Total: Average: /5]
I never get tired of fried chicken and when I have leftover beer I make Beer Batter Chicken.
- 2/3 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Double Acting Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Beer
- 1 Egg
- 2 Teaspoons Vegetable Oil Plus More For Frying
- 3 Pounds Chicken Pieces
- In medium-size bowl add flour, salt, and baking powder. In another medium-size bowl beat together beer, egg, and 2 teaspoons vegetable oil. Stir beer mixture into flour mixture.
- Coat half of chicken pieces with batter.
- Meanwhile, in 12 inch skillet add 1/2 inch vegetable oil. Turn heat to medium and bring to 370 degrees.
- Fry chicken pieces 20 minutes until browned and tender, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve warm.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes Total Time: 60 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved