Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Butter moves from nutty and brown to bitter and burned quickly, so make sure to take the pan off the heat once it turns amber-brown. To keep cookies from spreading make sure the cookie sheet is completely cool before starting the next batch.
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 1/4 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 3/4 Cup Whole-Wheat Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3/4 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs (Lightly Beaten)
- 1/2 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. In a small-size saucepan heat butter over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes until browned. Remove from heat. Add canola oil. Set aside to cool.
- In a large-size bowl combine flours, baking powder, and kosher salt. In a separate large-size bowl combine butter mixture, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Beat until combined. Add vanilla and eggs. Beat until well blended. Add flour mixture, beating until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment paper lined baking sheets. Place in oven and bake for 12 minutes until bottoms just begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and let rest on baking sheets 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Transfer to wire racks and let cool.
- Makes about 40 cookies.
- © Victoria Hart Glavin