Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Almond Flour, Baked Goods, Brown Sugar, Butter, Chocolate, Chocolate Cookies, Cocoa Powder, Coconut, Coconut Oil, Cookies, Cornstarch, Desserts, Eggs, Flour, Gluten Free, Gluten-Free Chocolate Coconut Sandwich Cookies, Kosher Salt, Oil, Powdered Sugar, Salt, Snacks, Sugar, Victoria Hart Glavin, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
I’ve been doing quite a bit of gluten-free cooking these days and have actually been happy with most of the results. These cookies are delicious. Make a batch in advance to have on hand for snacks and lunchbox treats.
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder Plus Extra For Dusting
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg (Room Temperature)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil (Room Temperature)
- 1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Shredded Coconut
- In medium-size bowl combine 1/4 cup cocoa powder, kosher salt, almond flour, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl add butter and brown sugar. Mix until creamy. Add egg and mix until mixture forms a dough.
- Divide dough in half. Wrap each half in plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove dough from oven. Dust extra cocoa powder on clan work surface. Roll out one of the dough balls to a 1/4 inch thick square. You may want to use two pieces parchment paper to roll out your dough.
- Using a square cookie cutter cut out 20 cookies. Place them on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place in oven and bake 15 minutes until crisp. Remove and repeat with remaining dough.
- While cookies are baking make filling. In medium-size bowl mix coconut oil, powdered sugar, and shredded coconut until nice and creamy.
- When cookies are completely cool drop about 1 tablespoons of filling on half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Press gently so that filling is visible along the edges.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve.
- Makes 20 Cookies
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved